At American Weathermakers, we know that your furnace or boiler shouldn’t be something you worry about. Nearly all equipment failures are a result of neglect. Furnaces and boilers are no exception.
A common misconception is that furnace filters are intended to clean the air that circulates in the home. Actually, the furnace filter is intended to protect the furnace components, to ensure optimum efficiency and complete fuel combustion.
Over time, the moving parts in any kind of equipment need to be lubricated. This is especially true when high temperatures and pressures are present. During the normal operation of a boiler or furnace everything is under stress, minor problems arise. With regular maintenance, minor issues are fixed before they become major issues. Our technicians are the most thorough in the industry, as is our Heating Tune-Up Maintenance Inspection checklist. It includes the following:
- Check thermostat operation
- Check all safety controls
- Vacuum clean burners & compartment
- Visually inspect heat exchangers
- Check & adjust pilot, flame sensor and/or HSI
- Adjust burners for efficiency
- Check for gas leaks
- Lubricate all moving parts
- Check blower motor, wheel, belt & adjust tension
- Check filters
- Check flue venting systems
- Check & adjust gas valve, manifold pressure
- Check pressure switch(es)
- Check total performance & operation of the heating system
Our Comfort Club members get all this and more, at a 15% discount. To learn more, click here.