Learn more about Rogers Park, Chicago
Rogers Park is bounded by Evanston along Juneway Terrace and Howard Street to the north, Ridge Boulevard to the west, Devon Avenue and the Edgewater neighborhood to the south, and Lake Michigan to the east.
Rogers Park was developed on what once was the convergence of two Native American trails, now known as Rogers Avenue and Ridge Boulevard and the Pottawatomi and various other regional tribes often settled in Rogers Park from time to time.
In 1878, Rogers Park was incorporated as a village of Illinois governed by six trustees and in 1885, the Chicago, Evanston and Lake Superior Railroad, a predecessor of the Chicago, Milwaukee & St. Paul Railroad, built a freight/commuter line through eastern Rogers Park on the present "L" right-of-way with a stop at Morse Avenue.
The neighborhood has a high rate of residents with Master's, Professional, and Doctorate degrees than the state average. Rogers Park residents that work for non-for-profit institutions is almost twice as high as the state average.
Rogers Park is home to Loyola University and Madonna Della Strada Chapel.
Click Here to return to our Rogers Park, Illinois page.